Friday, April 03, 2009

Easy Chicken Surprise

As promised I am providing my TWITTER friends with the quick and easy dinner recipe I made last night. I was celebrating because my oven was finally fixed (after 1 month of waiting for a part to arrive........urgh!). Repair man left and I was ready, apron on pan in one hand and chicken in the other.....WHAT NOW? What was I going to make?

I decided to come up with something original or should I say, semi-original. I had seen a picture on the back of a Campbell's Soup can and thought it look tasty so decided to make it my own. I'm not usually one to use processed food at all but today I thought why not ~ give it a go. It turned out really well and something we can all pull together super quick and it's yummo!

Here's what I did:

Easy Chicken Surprise (my made up name)

Ingredients:
5 Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper 
1 Can Campbell's Mushroom Soup
Stove Top Stuffing
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Zucchini

Method:
Brown Chicken in Olive Oil (approx 10 mins)
Remove Chicken and place in small glass baking pan. Scrape bottom of pan and include with chicken.
Make Stove top stuffing as per box instructions. When finished add mushroom soup to stuffing and mix. 
Cover chicken with stuffing mixture.
Slice Zucchini and place slices on top of Chicken and Stuffing covering the entire dish.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

Serve with peas, crunchy salad, your favorite dressing and you have a yummy meal!!!!

Enjoy!
Susan

No comments:

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics